SAP full form | What is the full form of SAP | What does SAP stand for | full form of SAP software | Full form of SAP course
Has Someone suggested you for an SAP course? Are you an enterprise and want to integrate SAP software to increase efficiency?
In both cases, you must know what is SAP and its meaning.
In Short, if I disclose, SAP is an initialism (abbreviation) of a German company “Systems Applications Products in data processing” that produces mainly ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software.
Note:- But the fact is, Both company and its products are synonyms to each other. The company’s products start with its own company name such as
- SAP ERP
- SAP HANA
So, SAP is both, an ‘Enterprise software solution company’ and ‘Enterprise Resource Planning’ (ERP) software‘ too.
So let’s dive in deep and hey, I will also talk about different products of SAP company that are currently available in the market.
What is the full form of SAP
As I discussed above, SAP is a German software company that produces Enterprise resource planning software for Enterprises under the brand name SAP itself with different suffixes.
Currently 2020, its most famous products is SAP HANA.
Note:- SAP initialism known for its enterprise software products not for the company.
let’s see, how SAP company name evolve over the period of time.
SAP full form as a company name & how Name evolve over a period of time
|Year||Initialism||German Full Form||English Full Form||Legal Form|
|1972||SAP company||“Systemanalyse und Programmentwicklung”||“System Analysis and Program Development / SAPD”||Private partnership under the German Civil Code|
|1976||SAP company||SAP GmbH Systeme, “Systeme, Anwendungen und Produkte in der Datenverarbeitung”||“Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing”||It was founded as a sales and support subsidiary of SAP, but later SAP partnership|
was dissolved and company rights transferred to SAP GmbH Systeme.
|1988||SAP company||SAP AG (Aktiengesellschaft) A public Limited Company||“Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing”||Company renamed to SAP AG (a corporation in german limited by share ownership a public limited company|
|2014||SAP company||SAP SE (Societas Europaea)||“Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing”||company changes it legal form to a European Comapny as SAP SE (Societas Europaea)|
History of SAP Company
SAP was founded by 5 exemployees of IBM in june 1972 as private partnership under the Gernmon Civil Code.
Their first client was the German branch of Imperial Chemical Industries in Ostringen where they developed mainframe programs for payroll and accounting.
In 1973, SAP launched its first commercial product financial accounting system -RF.
In 1976, SAP Gmbh System was founded as a sales and support subsidiary of SAP. But five years later private partnership of SAP was dissolved and merged with SAP Gmbh.
In August 1988, SAP GmbH became SAP AG, a public limited company. Its public trading started on 4th November
- Shares were listed on the Frankfurt and Stuttgart stock Exchange.
In 1995 SAP was included in the German stock index DAX and on 22 September 2003, SAP was included in the STOXX Europe 50.
on the 7th of July 2014, SAN announced it has changed its legal form to European Company (Societas Europaea, SE). Now onwards SAP is known as SAP SE.
What is the full form of SAP software
As i earlier reveal SAP slang (abbreviation) is known as an enterprise resource planning software and not for its company name.
SAP, you can say a software especially developed for large and medium level enterprises to centralized their whole business activites.
SAP – Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing
What is the Full form of SAP ERP
SAP ERP is the Most famous software of this company. It integrate all core departments of a business like, HR, Production, Sales, Purchase.
Employees can access real time data over it. This software can also be tailored to the need of a business.
SAP ERP – (SAP) “Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing (ERP) Enterprise Resource Planning“
How SAP ERP Product evolve over a period of time
In 1973, SAP launched its first product SAP R/1. its every product has R as suffix that mean Real time. Here I have given SAP product evolution over period of time.
|Year||Product Name||Technology Platform|
|1973||SAP R/1||system RF|
|1979||SAP R/2||Mainframe System|
|1992||SAP R/3||Enterprise Edition 1.0 A|
|1998||SAP R/3||Enterprise Edition 4.0B|
|1998||SAP R/3||Enterprise Edition 3.11|
|1998||SAP R/3||Enterprise Edition 4.3|
|1999||SAP R/3||Enterprise Editoin 4.5B|
|1999||SAP R/3||Enterprise Edition 4.6B|
|2000||SAP R/3||Enterprise Editoin 4.6c|
|2001||SAP R/3||Enterprise Edition 4.6F|
|2002||SAP R/3||Enterprise 4.7×110|
|2003||SAP R/3||Enterprise 4.7X200|
|2004||SAP ERP||Central Component (ECC) 5.0|
|2005||SAP ERP||Central Component (ECC) 6.0|
|2015||SAP S/4 HANA||On premise Release|
|2016||SAP S/4 HANA||cloud releases|
What is the Full form of SAP HANA
SAP HANA is the cloud based version of SAP ERP. It is improved and latest version of the same software currently.
SAP HANA – “Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing High-Performance Analytic Appliance”
Types of SAP Software
The most famous SAP software is SAP ERP . Over the period of time this software has evolved a lot. Latest and advance version of it is SAP HANA that is fully cloud based solution.
Core Products are
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- SAP PLM (Product Lifecycle Management)
- SAP SCM (Supply Chain Management)
- SAP SRM (Supplier Relationship Management)
- SAP Advanced Planner and Optimizer
- SAP Analytics
- SAP Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP)
- SAP Apparel and Footwear Solution (AFS)
- SAP Business Information Warehouse (BW)
- SAP Business Explorer (Bex)
- SAP BusinessObjects Lumira
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence (Webi)
- SAP Business Partner Screening
- SAP Business Intelligence (BI)
- SAP Business Workflow
- SAP Catalog Content Management ()
- SAP Cloud for Customer (C4C)
- SAP Cost Center Accounting (CCA)
- SAP Convergent Charging (CC)
- SAP Converged Cloud
- SAP Design Studio
- SAP PRD2(P2)
- SAP Enterprise Buyer Professional (EBP)
- SAP Enterprise Learning
- SAP Portal (EP)
- SAP Exchange Infrastructure (XI) (From release 7.0 onwards, SAP XI has been renamed as SAP Process Integration (SAP PI))
- SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM)
- SAP FICO
- SAP GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance)
- SAP EHSM (Environment Health Safety Management)
- Enterprise Central Component (ECC)
- SAP ERP
- SAP HANA (formerly known as High-performance Analytics Appliance)
- SAP Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS)
- SAP SuccessFactors
- SAP Litmos Training Cloud
- SAP Information Design Tool (IDT)
- SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS)
- SAP Incentive and Commission Management (ICM)
- SAP IT Operations Analytics (ITOA)
- SAP Jam
- SAP Knowledge Warehouse (KW)
- SAP Manufacturing
- SAP Materials Management (MM)
- SAP Master Data Management (MDM)
- SAP Plant Maintenance (PM)
- SAP Production Planning (PP)
- SAP Product Lifecycle Costing (PLC)
- SAP Profitability and Cost Management (PCM)
- SAP Project System (PS)
- SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions (RDS)
- SAP Service and Asset Management
- SAP Supply Network Collaboration (SNC)
- SAP Solutions for mobile business
- SAP Sales and Distribution (SD)
- SAP Solution Composer
- SAP Strategic Enterprise Management (SEM)
- SAP Test Data Migration Server (TDMS)
- SAP Training and Event Management (TEM)
- SAP NetWeaver Application Server (Web AS)
- SAP xApps
- SAP Sales Cloud (previously: CallidusCloud)
- SAP Supply Chain Performance Management (SCPM)
- SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- SAP Sustainability Performance Management (SUPM)
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP Master Data Governance (MDG)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- SAP for Retail
- SAP for Utilities (ISU)
- SAP for Public Sector (IS PSCD)
- SAP for Oil & Gas (IS Oil & Gas)
- SAP for Media (ISM)
- SAP for Telecommunications (IST)
- SAP for Healthcare (ISH)
- SAP Banking (SAP Banking)
- SAP for Insurance (SAP for Insurance)
- SAP Financial Services Network (FSN)
- SAP Shipping Services Network (SSN)
- Engineering Construction & Operations (EC&O)
- SAP IS Airlines & Defense
- SAP for Discrete Industries and Mill Products (IS DIMP)
Software for small and midsize enterprises
- SAP Anywhere
- SAP Business One (6.2, 6.5, 2004, 2005, 2007, 8.8x, 9.X)
- SAP Business ByDesign
Platforms and frameworks
- SAP Enterprise Services Architecture
- SAP NetWeaver Platform
- SAP NetWeaver Portal (formerly SAP Enterprise Portal)
- SAP NetWeaver BI (formerly SAP NetWeaver BW- “BW” is still used to describe the underlying data warehouse area and accelerator components)
- SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer
- SAP Auto-ID Infrastructure
- SAP Composite Application Framework
- SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure
- SAP NetWeaver Identity Management
- SAP NetWeaver Single Sign-On
- SAP Business Connector (deprecated/removed from product range)
- SAP HANA
- SAP IQ
- SAP R/2
- SAP R/3